Sunday, March 14, 2010

Desert Encounters

During our adventures thus var, we wanted to strike out as pioneers & honeymooners into the backcountry on our own and avoid the silly annoying city-slicker tourists from the north who rent giant RVs and travel around the desert seeking sunshine and sometimes taking in a natural exhibit. We came upon some amazing wildlife......... see the pictures below:








For those of you who are worried that we may meet our demise at the hands of dangerous wildlife or those of you who may be happy that we are taking risks interacting with wild animals such as rattlesnakes, wolves & sharp-billed hummingbirds, I must disclose the following: we witnessed these creatures from the safety of The Desert Museum near Saguaro National Park. Oh, for those who were nervous or excited, just wait till you hear about our bouldering/rock-climging bout at Joshua Rocks, I mean Tree NP.

3 comments:

  1. I did have a brief moment of shock when I imagined y'all camping with these animals. What a funny guy that Mathew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHEW!!! Thanks for the disclaimer, there Mathew! Now that my mouth is shut, I can think/type with some since about myself :-). As much as we are enjoying ALL the pictures ya'll are taking. PLEASE don't put your lives at risk for the sake of great pictures or impressing us. Personally, a postcard will do just as well, LOL. Great pictures though. Again, best for me to see WHERE these animals are so I'll know where NOT to go. Got it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, Matthew. If you see a snake while you're in the wild Lisa will take care of it. I've seen that girl in action!

    ReplyDelete